Roller shutters are an inexpensive item when taking into account all the features and benefits they can add to a home:
Roller Shutters add value to the price of a home, so essentially it’s an investment that will pay off if you are planning to sell the property in the future. As with solar panels, if a home has roller shutters installed on all the windows, it is more likely to achieve a better offer at its asking price than a home without shutters.
How much do roller shutters cost?
Roller shutters are quite a variable product and will have a variable cost.
They can cost anything from $750 for the smallest of shutters to upwards of $2500 or even $3500 for the best aluminium with the highest factor insulation at the largest size, with the best motors.
However, here at Dynamic Home Enhancements, where more shutters are purchased, more money can be saved on the total price of shutters.
If you are happy to install products yourself, it might be worth saving money with DIY Roller Shutters. However, we advise you to check the pros and cons of doing that before.
To check the most updated prices of roller shutters read: Window Roller Shutters Cost in 2024
Factors Affecting The Cost Of Roller Shutters:
Understanding the factors that affect the cost of roller shutters can help you make informed decisions when purchasing or installing them. Here are the key factors influencing the cost of window roller shutters:
1. Size and Dimensions:
The size of the roller shutters is a fundamental factor that affects the cost. Larger shutters will require more materials and labour to install, making them more expensive. Furthermore, the dimensions of the opening that the roller shutters need to cover will directly impact the cost.
Roller shutters are available in various materials, including aluminium, steel, and PVC. Each material has its own price range and durability. Aluminium and steel are typically more expensive due to their strength and resistance to weather.
3. Type of Roller Shutter:
There are different types of roller shutters, such as manual or motorized (electric shutters). Motorized shutters are more convenient and may have added features like remote control or integration with home automation systems, but they come at a higher cost than manual roller shutters.
4. Insulation and Energy Efficiency:
Roller shutters can also provide insulation and energy efficiency benefits. Insulated shutters can help regulate indoor temperature, reducing heating and cooling costs. These features typically come at a higher price but can lead to long-term savings on energy bills.
Customized roller shutters, tailored to fit unique window or door shapes, colours, and finishes, will generally cost more than standard options.
6. Location and Accessibility:
The location of the property and the accessibility of the installation area can affect the cost. If the installation site is difficult to access, it may require more time and effort, resulting in higher installation costs.
7. Additional Features:
Additional features such as remote controls, timers, sensors, and automation options can increase the cost of window shutters.
8. Roller Shutter Maintenance Costs:
While not an initial cost, it is essential to consider ongoing maintenance expenses to ensure the longevity of your roller shutters. Proper maintenance can also affect the total cost of ownership over time.
Pros Of Having Roller Window Shutters:
Roller shutters offer numerous benefits for both residential and commercial properties. They are versatile, and practical, and can provide various advantages to homeowners and businesses.
- Privacy: Roller shutters provide privacy by blocking the view from outside. This is particularly important for ground-floor windows or glass doors. You can control the level of privacy by adjusting the shutters as needed.
- Sunlight Control: The shutters allow you to regulate the amount of natural light entering your space. You can partially or completely block out the sun, which can help in maintaining a comfortable indoor environment and protecting your furnishings from sun damage.
- Temperature Control: They help maintain a consistent indoor temperature by preventing heat gain in the summer and heat loss in the winter. This can lead to energy savings and reduced heating and cooling costs.
- Noise Reduction: Roller shutters can provide a barrier against noise pollution. They are particularly useful in urban areas or near busy roads, helping to create a quieter and more comfortable living or working environment.
- Storm and Weather Protection: Roller shutters can protect your windows and doors from severe weather conditions, such as storms, heavy rain, and hail. They can also shield against flying debris and reduce the risk of damage to your property.
- UV Protection: Roller shutters block harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, which can fade and damage furniture, flooring, and other interior furnishings. This UV protection helps extend the life of your belongings.
- Aesthetics: Roller shutters are available in various styles, colours, and finishes, allowing you to choose an option that complements your property’s aesthetic. They can enhance the curb appeal of your home or business.
- Easy Operation: Roller shutters can be operated manually or electronically. Motorized shutters offer convenience, allowing you to open and close them with the push of a button or remote control. Some even come with timers and automation features.
- Durability: Roller shutters are typically made from durable materials such as aluminium or steel, which are resistant to corrosion and wear. This durability ensures that they can withstand the test of time and require minimal maintenance.
- Versatility: Roller shutters can be used for a variety of applications, including windows, doors, storefronts, garages, and even as room dividers. They offer a versatile solution for security and privacy needs.
- Property Value: Installing roller shutters can add value to your property by enhancing security and energy efficiency. This can be particularly appealing to potential buyers or renters.
- Customization: The shutters can be customized to fit your specific needs, whether it’s the size, colour, or additional features such as remote control or automation.
With Dynamic Home Enhancements you are in safe hands
If you are looking to save as much money as possible whilst still getting the best roller shutter on the market, then look no further than Dynamic Home Enhancements. Also known in the market as Dynamic Roller Shutters, our products are popular all over Australia.
We make our roller shutters in Adelaide, South Australia, meaning you buy factory direct and save lots of money in the whole process.
Moreover, we will always know exactly where your shutter is, and ensure that the total cost of your shutter is not too expensive.